As part of my 2013 marketing plan, I decided to devise a plan to reward those who help us grow our business by making it easier for them to grow theirs. So, I analyzed others’ programs, tossed around a few different ideas, and finally …
I’m pleased to announce our brand new Referral Rewards program!
Now, this program is not exclusively for new clients, as I found many such programs to be. Why would I choose to reward new clients and not those who are already contributing to my business success? That made no sense to me. So, instead, I designed it so that Referral Rewards can be included in our initial contract with new clients or as a contract addendum with our existing clients.
I also didn’t want to make the program overly complicated, and I didn’t necessarily see any point in putting an expiration date on it, since there is no limit to my gratitude for those who refer business to me 🙂
As a result, Referral Rewards is literally as simple as 1-2-3! Here’s how it works: (more…)
When I woke up Tuesday morning …
- Gas was flirting with $4.00 a gallon
- The “official” unemployment rate (a/k/a the U-3) was hovering near 8%, representing about 13 million of my fellow Americans
- The U-6 unemployment rate (including the “officially” unemployed, those underemployed not by choice, and those who’d like to be working but have given up looking) was nearly 15% – over 23 million people
- A record number of people – over 46 million – were receiving food stamps
- The homebuilding industry was struggling to get a foothold
- The U.S. was facing a “fiscal cliff” as we enter 2013 that will increase taxes on every taxpayer in the nation
- The specter of the so-called Affordable Healthcare Act was hanging over the country, causing uncertainty and stifling business planning and hiring
- Washington, DC was basically deadlocked, with a Democrat in the White House, a Democrat-controlled Senate, and a Republican-controlled House that can’t seem to agree on anything, and often don’t even try
I woke up this morning, after yesterday’s election, and … (more…)
Wow! Since my last blog post on Thursday, I have been so humbled by the number of people who have chosen to share their own stories of stepping into their full potential by starting a business! (I’ll be sharing these inspiring stories in the days and weeks to come, so stay tuned…)
Many of you have also participated in my online survey, the responses to which are helping me to design and develop entrepreneurial training and masterminding that is relevant, meaningful and uplifting, and for this I say THANK YOU! Thank you for making my task easier 🙂 but more so for playing a valuable role in helping aspiring, new and even established entrepreneurs on the journey that is business ownership. It’s going to be so much more fun taking that journey together, by virtue of the programs I’m developing with your help!
I’m going to get a little personal here today, I hope you don’t mind. But I’m celebrating a rather unusual milestone, and I’d like to share it with you, in the hopes that it will inspire you during these still uncertain times.
Ten years ago today, I fled corporate life for the last time.
Oh, I had been an entrepreneur off-and-on since before I was old enough to order an adult beverage, but somehow every so often I’d get lured back in to other people’s companies with promises of “opportunity,” titles, and, yes, a steady (and healthy) paycheck. I can assure you that none of the three was worth the price of my soul, which is pretty much what I had to give up each time I allowed myself to be persuaded to leave my happy little cocoon of entrepreneurship.
But on September 27, 2002, I left and never looked back. (more…)
What’s an “Envisioning” Session?
One of the most exciting things I will do this year is happening RIGHT NOW. I am re-imagining my business.
And that’s a powerful difference! (more…)