When I woke up Tuesday morning …
- Gas was flirting with $4.00 a gallon
- The “official” unemployment rate (a/k/a the U-3) was hovering near 8%, representing about 13 million of my fellow Americans
- The U-6 unemployment rate (including the “officially” unemployed, those underemployed not by choice, and those who’d like to be working but have given up looking) was nearly 15% – over 23 million people
- A record number of people – over 46 million – were receiving food stamps
- The homebuilding industry was struggling to get a foothold
- The U.S. was facing a “fiscal cliff” as we enter 2013 that will increase taxes on every taxpayer in the nation
- The specter of the so-called Affordable Healthcare Act was hanging over the country, causing uncertainty and stifling business planning and hiring
- Washington, DC was basically deadlocked, with a Democrat in the White House, a Democrat-controlled Senate, and a Republican-controlled House that can’t seem to agree on anything, and often don’t even try
I woke up this morning … and all of the above is still true.
You have undoubtedly noticed by now that, after almost two years of campaigning and an estimated six billion dollars spent on the presidential and congressional races, the truth is that the 2012 election hasn’t really changed anything.
And guess what? No matter who won on Tuesday, it would still be so.
So … this is a happy little post, isn’t it? Sorry if I’ve ruined your morning coffee.
Whether you spent the last 24 hours gloating or groaning, rejoicing or resigned, my advice to you is this: Read more
Wow! Since my last blog post on Thursday, I have been so humbled by the number of people who have chosen to share their own stories of stepping into their full potential by starting a business! (I’ll be sharing these inspiring stories in the days and weeks to come, so stay tuned…)
Many of you have also participated in my online survey, the responses to which are helping me to design and develop entrepreneurial training and masterminding that is relevant, meaningful and uplifting, and for this I say THANK YOU! Thank you for making my task easier but more so for playing a valuable role in helping aspiring, new and even established entrepreneurs on the journey that is business ownership. It’s going to be so much more fun taking that journey together, by virtue of the programs I’m developing with your help!
It seems I’ve struck a chord with a lot of people who have chosen this moment in time to take the reins of their lives and move forward with a new business. I’ve heard from a half dozen people already, sharing their stories with optimism and enthusiasm, reinforcing my own conviction that now is a GREAT time to start or grow a business.
Despite the fact that the media seems to thrive on keeping people in a negative frame of mind these days, I am OPTIMISTIC and EXCITED and working toward an ever-brighter future. It’s gratifying to know there are apparently so many others who are planning to be along for that ride!
If you haven’t already done so, please take the online survey and let me know what would be most helpful to you as you pursue your future.
I’ll keep you posted on our progress and will be announcing the date and time of the first teleseminar in our free eNewsletter, which you can sign up for at the top of the right-hand column on this page.
March 4th is more than just a date.
It’s a direct order.
What’s an “Envisioning” Session?
One of the most exciting things I will do this year is happening RIGHT NOW. I am re-imagining my business.
And that’s a powerful difference!
Envisioning = Clarity
As the foundation of the exclusive Brand Development ProcessSM, developed by my good friend and professional colleague Terry Sagedy of MarketSage, “Envisioning” is the first in a multi-step process that allows – no, enables you to re-imagine what you and your business can and should be, in alignment with your own passion and vision … even if you’re not 100% clear right now on what that is!
The whole point of Envisioning – of the entire Brand Development ProcessSM itself, in fact – is to explore below the surface of the obvious and discover the power of your brand.
Have you been struggling to …
- Clarify your purpose, mission and values?
- Clearly identify overall objectives and interim goals?
- Craft a strategy for achieving your goals?
- Discover the crossroads of your product offering and your market’s needs?
- Differentiate yourself within your niche?
- Build brand value, sales and referrals?
If you answered “YES” to any of those questions, this was written for you.
I’m very excited to announce a powerful collaboration between myself and MarketSage to bring you a dynamic virtual workshop series designed to help you reinvent / revitalize / refocus YOUR brand in 2013!
The ultimate goal of this exclusive program is to align your entire team (internal team members as well as strategic alliances and partners) to working toward a future they themselves helped imagine.
Complete the form below to receive full details and exclusive previews in the upcoming weeks, as well as first opportunity to reserve your space in this very intensive, limited seating virtual workshop series!