When I woke up Tuesday morning …
- Gas was flirting with $4.00 a gallon
- The “official” unemployment rate (a/k/a the U-3) was hovering near 8%, representing about 13 million of my fellow Americans
- The U-6 unemployment rate (including the “officially” unemployed, those underemployed not by choice, and those who’d like to be working but have given up looking) was nearly 15% – over 23 million people
- A record number of people – over 46 million – were receiving food stamps
- The homebuilding industry was struggling to get a foothold
- The U.S. was facing a “fiscal cliff” as we enter 2013 that will increase taxes on every taxpayer in the nation
- The specter of the so-called Affordable Healthcare Act was hanging over the country, causing uncertainty and stifling business planning and hiring
- Washington, DC was basically deadlocked, with a Democrat in the White House, a Democrat-controlled Senate, and a Republican-controlled House that can’t seem to agree on anything, and often don’t even try
I woke up this morning, after yesterday’s election, and … (more…)
Wow! Since my last blog post on Thursday, I have been so humbled by the number of people who have chosen to share their own stories of stepping into their full potential by starting a business! (I’ll be sharing these inspiring stories in the days and weeks to come, so stay tuned…)
Many of you have also participated in my online survey, the responses to which are helping me to design and develop entrepreneurial training and masterminding that is relevant, meaningful and uplifting, and for this I say THANK YOU! Thank you for making my task easier 🙂 but more so for playing a valuable role in helping aspiring, new and even established entrepreneurs on the journey that is business ownership. It’s going to be so much more fun taking that journey together, by virtue of the programs I’m developing with your help!
March 4th is more than just a date.
It’s a direct order. 😉
What’s an “Envisioning” Session?
One of the most exciting things I will do this year is happening RIGHT NOW. I am re-imagining my business.
And that’s a powerful difference! (more…)
It’s not that I mind being thought of as a magician.
I love the fact that my clients are thrilled to pieces with the email marketing programs I put together for them.
It’s just that I know it’s never going to end well when a client praises the initial effort but then just sits back and waits for “the magic” to happen.
What do I mean? Here’s an example … (more…)
Are you concerned that the products and/or services you offer are being commoditized – that is, reduced down to a “price list” – and that is becoming the determining factor as to whether or not a prospect decides to do business with you?
The problem I see with many businesses in the current economic climate is that they feel compelled to compete on price alone. And when money is tight, this is an easy trap to fall into. In their heart of hearts, every business owner fears that they might push their prospects into the arms of the competition by charging what they’re worth.
The irony is, that’s precisely the kind of thinking that directly contributes to lower sales and/or profitability. Let me explain. (more…)